Although I have not posted for awhile, I am excited to be back today with a fun post. Please read to the bottom and I will explain my absence. Thursday night is my Stamp Club Christmas Party and I always try to make it special for my ladies. The project that we will be making is a super cute card using the bundle Santa's Sleigh. Wouldn't it be fun if I could create a 3-D sleigh for a table decoration? After some fiddling around, I was able to create a big enough sleigh to hold 5 Ghiradelli Chocolates.
The sleigh did not require much product. I cut the sleighs for the 2 versions from both Gold Foil & Real Red Card Stock using the Big Shot & the Santa Sleigh Thinlits. The new Big Shot Platform combined with the Precision Base Plate makes these easy to cut. Of course, the Die Brush is a must have for cleaning out all of the bits and pieces.
In order to get the sleigh pieces for both sides of the sleigh, it is necessary to turn your Gold Foil over so that the white side is face up. Place the Sleigh Thinlit on this side & cut. Repeat with the detailed sleigh thinlit. Because the Real Red Card Stock is double-sided, you don't have to flip it over.
And here is the gold on gold sleigh.
After returning home from babysitting for our daughter & son-in-law in Salt Lake City about a month ago, we discovered a leak in the hose connecting to the pump from our well. Unfortunately it had been leaking for sometime and we did not know it because it is in our basement. But, feeling wet carpet is always a sign that something isn't right. You know that sick feeling when you realize that you have a problem but don't know where it originates..... The water had gone through the wall and under the carpet in the Big Room & part of a bedroom.
Thankfully our daughter & son-in-law arrived that night and Jason took control of the situation. He located the leak, repaired it, cut the carpet and removed the ruined section of pad. I was thankful to have multiple fans because they ran nonstop for several days. I am pleased to report that the carpet dried out, and we were able to get the pad replaced and the carpet restretched and seamed.
Although the carpet situation delayed posts to my blog, the continued absence is because I am desperately trying to complete 4, 12 x 12 scrapbook albums for the Grandchildren in time for Christmas. The scrapbooks will hopefully preserve memories made this past summer of our trip to Southern California. Between sorting through pictures taken by 4 different people, ordering pictures, creating pages, separating photos for each child, journaling and so on, my time has been totally taken over!
But, the countdown is on and after the albums are finished, I will be back to share with my peeps. Please don't give up on me and please wish me luck with this mammoth project.
Stamp' Up! Supplies Used: